Saturday, December 23, 2023

What John Schneider tweeted the other day was absolutely, positively despicable. I've never been a fan of his because I always thought the _Dukes of Hazzard_ was a nasty show, because it was based on "good ole boy"/ Confederacy roots and colossally stupid. I can't say I was surprised by what he said, but I was still very much appalled.

Some people are saying that he was intoxicated when he wrote it, but I say that is no excuse. Being intoxicated doesn't make you say things you don't normally believe, being intoxicated makes you say things you normally hold back.

I've been intoxicated before, and I've been tempted to write or say things that I wouldn't normally say. One reason I've never drank around people I like is because I've never wanted to tell them how I feel.

Fully disclosing things has never made me comfortable. Even if what I think or feel is not negative or evil, just the thought of not having control over what comes out of my mouth makes me so wary and wrecked.

Emotionally, all I have going for me is that I've never said things to someone that I feel I should've taken back. I have said stupid things and I have said silly things and I have said things that I wish I never said, but I'm pretty sure I've never said anything that I wouldn't want printed on the front of a newspaper or on social media.

I'm actually kind of tipsy right now as I write this, so this might be gone by this time tomorrow nightšŸ¤¦‍♀️

No comments: