Friday, February 23, 2024

My projected date to have my wrist back to normal as much as possible is March 23.

The splint I wear now is detachable (for PT purposes), but somehow it hurts more than the splint I had before and immediately after my surgery.

I started PT two weeks ago and it's helping a lot. This is my first experience with PT, and my therapist is absolutely wonderful: She's kind, but also very firm. 

A coworker told me that she's well known for being very good in her field and I can see it!

This Sunday will be four weeks since I fell. I feel like I'm making progress: The other day, I was able to make a meal from scratch and chop vegetables by holding the vegetables in my left hand and chopping with my dominant right hand. 

I've resumed some of my other activities too and am back at work. But I still have trouble tying trash bags and I can't pick up my cat yet...or even play with him properly🥺

I haven't told my parents anything. I've never hid anything this big from them before. The previous two times I had surgery they were were there when I woke, but that was years ago and bigger surgeries.

I hate lying, I truly do, but my parents live out of state and there's no need to worry them when there's nothing they can do anyway.

My biggest fear about the surgery was the anesthesia. I was so scared. 

But the staff at the surgery center were awesome. I remember asking the nurse who was with me "when are they gonna wheel me into surgery?" And then the next thing I knew I was waking up and clutching her hand and asking her if I was in the afterlife.🤦‍♀️

The person who came with me to be there when I woke up and take me home appeared after I woke up and I couldn't stop laughing. Everything made me laugh. She said to me "well, it sounds you're doing okay."🤣

No comments: