Sunday, February 4, 2024


I'm using my microphone to write this, so hopefully it'll make sense. 


Two weeks ago today I broke my wrist. I had surgery on Thursday and I'm hopeful that it will correct what happened and that eventually I'll have my wrist back to the way it was


The first week and a half I went to work, but then I had my surgery and the doctor says I need to stay home for two weeks. 


I have my follow up appointment on February 16 and maybe I won't have to wear the splint too much longer after that, but I'm not sure.


My cat has been of great comfort to me Past two weeks. He seems to understand that I can't play with him like I used to and I hope he also understands that it's going to be temporary.


At night I usually hug him like a teddy bear, but I can't right now, so I put my right arm out straight, and he sleeps in the crook of my elbow


Friday and Saturday I was in great pain from the surgery and I took one oxycontin each day. I don't want to get addicted so I'm not using it very much.


The hardest things are getting dressed and trying to tie my trash bags which is almost impossible. Everything else I seem to manage pretty OK, including cooking.


Maybe I can learn something from this: that my health needs to be improved greatly. The doctor suspects I have osteoporosis, and when I got the physical for my pre op, I found out that I have pre-hypertension. 


Until four years ago I was about 120 pounds and 5'3. Ten years before that I was 110...both times I had very low blood pressure


Now I'm 140+ and it scares me beyond words.


I don't want to be like this anymore


One good thing I discovered is that I can give up alcohol...I haven't missed it at all the past two weeks and I don't plan on ever going back to it. 


No comments: