Monday, May 3, 2010

Scary how much I can't wait to get home today and watch the episode of  Y&R I set up on my DVR...the last time I taped a soap was probably back in the early 90s!

I've somehow been sucked into the "Patty" storyline (see previous post) and have been watching it ever since I discovered it last week. Stacy Haiduk has been doing a wonderful wonderful wacky job as "Patty" and is quite convincing in playing two different personalities ("Emily" and "Patty"). The very brief and sudden outbursts of despair, guilt and doubt that "Patty" is experiencing is expertly brought forth by Haiduk who is way-too-good for this horrible horrible story line. Funny, but I don't remember 80s "Patty" being so disturbed...remember her being distressed (severely!), but NOT "disturbed"

Even funnier is how in the midst of all that bad writing the discovery of  Patty's journal (left behind between the cushions of a couch) is such a clever touch. It's clear it's (foreshadowing) going to be used to prove "Patty" isn't "Emily" and the one shot the camera panned on showed an amazingly detailed and deranged spread of two pages that someone in props went to a lot of trouble to fill in...odd that Y&R can get THAT right but not the storyline around it...

No comments: