Monday, June 21, 2010

BIONIC - DELUXE (Explicit)
If you want something that's going to keep you up and on your feet all night, then Bionic is perfect for you! I've been listening to it all afternoon and it's very, very, very danceable! It reminds me that while I mostly listen to music because it reaches inside my heart and touches my soul there are perfectly acceptable times for something a bit mindless that challenges your feet not to move!:)

Bionic's a highly sexualized album and sounds more like something Lady Gaga would do than Aguilera herself would. There are also heavy Mia, Gwen Stefani and Rihanna influences...nothing wrong with those, of course, but still surprising because Aguilera is usually her own girl...especially strong tracks are: "Not Myself Tonight" (she ain't kidding!), "Desnudate" (because "naked" would be too tacky, right?:) ), "Glam," "Woohoo" and "My Girls" (reminds me of something off of Gwen Stefani's Love. Angel. Music. Baby.)

Most of amazing of all? Aguilera's voice is strong enough to rise above the 'noise'...so many singers' voices get lost amidst all the techno sounds...but the beats are out of control!!! So it's time to go and exercise some more!

No comments: