Friday, August 20, 2010

The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show - The Complete Series
I think I may have discovered what the "beyond" in Bed, Bath and Beyond is!:)

Last night I was looking for new bath towels when I found a small dvd section of items drastically reduced. To my happy surprise I discovered The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show-The Complete Series (normally $22.98) was $5.99!!!

When I was about eight years old and this was still airing on Saturday morning tv in the 70s I couldn't get enough. It made me think that high school was going to be this fun and magical place where your pet (mistaken for a football player with amazing skill!) could walk through the halls with you and everyone (even the bullies)  would be either friendly or funny, sometimes both! Music and dancing (late 60s style) would also be an everyday thing.

Of course this turned out to not be true, but I didn't know that then and I loved every second. I also didn't realize then that Sally Struthers voiced Pebbles and Jay North (of Dennis the Menace fame) voiced Bamm-Bamm.

Last night as I watched the first two episodes I couldn't believe the memories from my childhood that came rushing back. It looks a lot different to me now, but somehow I enjoyed it just as much...which sort of worries me as an adult!:)

No comments: