Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The ABC Movie of the Week Companion: A Loving Tribute to the Classic Series
When I was seven or eight (I think) I was playing with my sister in our living room while some tv movie played on in the background. I'm pretty sure it was an ABC movie. In an almost haunting way I've never forgotten this because of what I remember about the movie (even though it's over thirty years later.)

For anyone too young to recall (or too busy to watch tv!:) ) the ABC movie of the week was as much a part of the prime time line-up as "Happy Days" or "Charlie's Angels." The movies could be amazingly cheesy, but they were sometimes actually better than you could ever imagine (The Cracker Factory with Natalie Wood comes to mind.)

In the scene of the movie I'm thinking of two women were out to lunch, both of them stylish and gorgeous. One of them, a blond, wore an incredibly vivid shade of red lipstick and nail polish. We're talking a red so red it jumped off the screen and scared me. The blond must have been nervous or mad because her nails were digging into the palms of her hand so deep blood started to run.

Now I know this sounds bizarre. But I had this dream about it the other night and unlike most of my dreams, I think this is a memory, but the more I think about it the more I wonder. It just doesn't sound like something that would have been on tv, especially back then...

So I'm hoping to track down the book pictured above and find out once and for all if what I'm remembering is memory or dream...

No comments: