Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hypoxia
"Hypoxia"



The April issue of Rock Sound has a sampler with the most beautiful, haunting and hurting song I've heard in ages...it's called "Hypoxia" and the chills it sent down my spine the first time I listened continued when I hit repeat immediately after it was over.

This is amazing stuff, overwhelming and gorgeous. And totally worth the outrageous $9.99 you pay for the magazine...or the much cheaper 99 cents if you buy it off of Amazon's MP3 store!:)

Hypoxia itself is, according to Wikipedia, "a pathological condition in which the body as a whole (generalized hypoxia) or a region of the body (tissue hypoxia) is deprived of adequate oxygen supply."

Rock Sound says that Thomas Giles sounds like a "less schizophrenic Muse tempered by French electro wizards Air." Amen to that!!

I'm mesmerized and floored at the same time...can't wait to hear more!!

No comments: