Sunday, April 3, 2011

If You Were There/The Best Of Wham
I've been very nostalgic this past week, something I'm normally not. But things have been a bit tight lately and it's the music of my youth, not the modern music I'm normally so passionate about, that has been comforting me.

For some reason after I got off my trampoline tonight I felt so much better.  It's hard not to feel happy bouncing up and down and flying through the air while listening to easy retro pop the likes of Wham.
I like their fluffier stuff tracks ("Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" and "Everything She Wants," but "A Different Corner" and "Nothing Looks The Same in The Light" are the true beauties, the songs that remind me that Wham! (okay, really more George Michael) were pretty great!

A nice perky plus on "If You Were There: The Best of Wham" is a six minute (and counting!) remix of "Everything She Wants"...very disco-y and much more hard-core (in terms of exercising!) than the original.

Also beautiful: the jazzy and soulful "Like A Beauty" and a lot of "Music From the Edge of Heaven."

No comments: