Sunday, June 26, 2011

NYLON (1-year auto-renewal) Forget

The problem with cleaning and sorting trash from recycling is when you discover your old magazine collection and end up slumped in a corner reading things you missed the first time around. In the September 2010 issue of Nylon there's a small blurb about an album I had never heard of before called Forget by Twin Shadow.

I like the way Juliet Linderman refers to it: "It's a very rare record that makes you want to simultaneously dance on a rooftop in your underwear and sit in a corner of a dark bar making sexy eyes at strangers, but that's exactly what Twin Shadow's debut Forget inspires."

The man behind Twin Shadow is Dominic Republican-born George Lewis, Jr., who was raised in Florida and now lives in Brooklyn. Grizzly Bear member Chris Taylor, after hearing his amazing voice, signed him to his label, Terrible Records.

And the rest is music history...something incredible to listen (and dance) to while you revel in the wonderful sounds:)

3 comments:

Lady Disdain said...

Know exactly what you mean,I end up doing the same thing, too, whenever I try clearing out a room. Too many books in the house -.- I like your posts about music, I've been looking for new stuff to listen to, so this looks like just the place =)

just a girl said...

Thanks so much for reading!:) I will mostly be covering music (and sometimes books, which I also love and have way too many of) so feel free to keep returning!

Lady Disdain said...

No problem at all! I've been looking for blogs that aren't exclusively about books so this is great, although I do live for them ;) Will definitely be keeping up with yours.