Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Make It RealSomebody
Two songs from the past caught me by surprise this week and sent a flood of memories coursing through my mind that I'd rather forget. Still, once the pain went away I realized how pretty both of them are. The first ("Make It Real" by The Jets) used to sort of annoy me when I was younger, but now I realize it's one of the saddest and most heartfelt songs ever...

The second song ("Somebody" by Depeche Mode) never ever fails to make me fill up with tears, especially if it's not something I put on my iPod, but a song playing on the radio when I least expect it. I think a lot of people might feel this way about "Somebody," even if they're not Depeche Mode fans. The song is so vulnerable and sincere and full of the kind of yearning that only comes with longing for a kind of love that is true and eternal. Of course, it's also the kind of love that's almost impossible to find.

Oh, boy, I'm in a corny and cynical mood at the same time..never a good combo!!:)

No comments: