Monday, April 28, 2014



“Live by the harmless untruths that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy.”
Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle 



 Happy Monday!

At times zany and totally "out there," Kurt Vonnegut's writing is always intelligent, thoughtful and surprisingly kind and humanistic.

So many of his words give me hope, especially the above two quotes. He may be my favorite writer after Henry James and on trying days I think of both of the above passages and find hope in them.

Even if some of the outlandish things I believe (that someday we can find world peace or that there is a lid for every pot when it comes to love) turn out to be completely untrue, as long as they are harmless to others and I keep things in perspective, what's so wrong in believing wonderful things? :) 

No comments: