Saturday, May 10, 2014


Format: MP3 Music

Maybe it's super silly for a 40something woman to be so excited about the digital release of Shaun Cassidy's first solo album on vinyl, but, boy, am I!! My inner 70s child is thrilled to hear that almost all of the songs sound as good as ever. ("Take Good Care Of My Baby" isn't nearly as sad or deep as I remember it being when I was a girl, but, hey, that's what time does to your mind!:) )

Off and on over time, I have been hoping _Shaun Cassidy_ would be released in MP3 form. I still have the album, but my LP player died a while ago so it's been ages since I heard the wonderful (and awfully sweet and endearing) sounds of "Morning Girl" (very Davy Jones-lie), "It's Too Late" (an 'I told you so' attitude never sounded so polite as it does here) and "Holiday" (very dreamy as only a 70s song can be.)

"I Wanna Be With You" holds up surprisingly well, even kind of seems edgier than when my eight-year-old ears first heard it. "That's Rock 'n' Roll" has long been accessible in digital format, as has "Da Doo Ron Ron," but I'm still going to go on about how great they both are!:)

For anyone who grew up with Shaun instead of David, this is a must buy! It brought pure, nostalgic happiness to my lips and ears tonight and my iPod even seems to glow a little brighter, too!

No comments: