Sunday, May 4, 2014

Freshman year of high school, I played Michael Damian's 1984 Love Is A Mystery so much my sister told me she knew every word of it even though she could not stand the sound of his voice. I had to buy it from Canada the album was so hard to find in the United States.

Lost and obscure almost from the beginning, Love Is A Mystery is even harder to track down today and a cd copy from Japan will cost you well over $100.

It always seemed to me that Michael Damian's singing style took a turn for the worse when he tried to go more commercial in the late 80s (his cover of David Essex's "Rock On" was his first and only #1 Top 40 hit).

I got to see him at Hammerjack's ages and ages ago and he is one of those singers who is much better live than on a recording. He's a super nice person and though many of his songs from other albums sound very dated these days, much of what is Love Is A Mystery isn't half bad.


Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kuWPipyEeQ


track listing: Love Is A Mystery

No comments: