Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Internet is fixed. I'm almost sorry it is because I kind of liked being detached from the online world and getting all my errands done quickly. And I'm also sorry because it's once again easy to hop on here and confess things I probably shouldn't.

I love people, I really do. Even if I'm not always good with them, I love them and I love the concept of connecting with others.

Yet, I'm often horrible at socializing. Shy people come in all forms and some of us may not seem seem shy but we really are and secretly quake a bit inside when we talk to certain people.

And when someone doesn't like me I only want to try harder, which really can get kind of unintentionally creepy on my end. I don't mean to, I don't.

It takes me a while to get the "leave me alone" message sometimes. But I do get it and I just wish this one particular person I'm thinking of all the best. 

She is a nice person, hard-working and decent so if she doesn't like me I can't help but think I've done something wrong. I long to ask her if I have, but I can't help but think it would make things worse.

So I just literally walk on by, sometimes with a smile if I can muster one, and hope this uneasiness is all in my head. With her, at least, I can't help but think of that saying attributed to Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin109276.html#Xstsidt6Xwf8qw8S.99
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin109276.html#Xstsidt6Xwf8qw8S.99




No comments: