Sunday, June 29, 2014

I would never say that love stories are the end all and be all for my fiction life, but I have to confess they mean more to me than they should. Certain passages pop out at me as if they are random, yet also as if they are meant to be seen at this point in my life. I don't really believe that much in Fate or meaningful coincidences, but it does help when I read something eerily relatable at the exact time I need them.

The second in the L As In Love series is immensely better than the first one I mentioned a few weeks ago. It's far less shallow and people actually try and have meaningful relationships, even if they do mess them up.

Several different lines spoke to me, which is great right about now, since there's something very freeing and wonderfully non-isolating in knowing others (no matter how fictional they may be) would get your pain:

-A woman is presented again and again with insoluble conundrums, and she simply has to resign herself to the basic fact: things are what they are.
-Sometimes we can’t defend ourselves from our own feelings, even if we want to... even if our good sense tells us something else.




And from Side Order Of Love (it's really hard to take that title seriously, even if it is a rather sweet book):


-She couldn’t undo anything in her past now, but she could still make her own future. Or remake it into something different from the path she was on.

-She just didn’t quite know how not to act like a jerk around Grace. She liked Grace.

- Ashamed to be carrying around this private pain for a woman who didn’t love her.

Both of the above novels, despite the second one's silly title, are quite good, especially for lesfic, which tends to suffer a bit when it comes to slow building friendship, emotion and romance.

No comments: