Monday, July 21, 2014

 
I'm into my second week of feeling like I haven't in ages and much of it has to do with the music I've been listening to and some of it with the absence of certain stressors. I'm trying to hold on to these feelings for as long as possible because soon some of those issues return. 

Inner peace seems more attainable when you accept what you cannot change and realize the things you want or the people you like who do not feel the same are what you need to let go of once and for all.




It's no wonder insomnia is so prevalent among those of us who tend to worry a lot. Other people, family, bills and, most fearsome of all, the future can all combine into a huge snowball of worry that seems to wreck your soul.

Insomnia, after a while, becomes something so common a part of your life you either sink or swim with it. I've been swimming most of the time, lately, mostly because pills, meditation and exercise (earlier in the day, of course) just don't seem to work. So I get up to clean or watch an old movie or sitcom or I pick up something light like the book below, which I read in one sitting.






I enjoyed Departure From The Script a lot; even if it's on the predictable side, it's the good kind of dependable, where you know you're going to get a solid romantic read. The characters (both main and secondary) are extremely likable and fully fleshed out and Jae, as always, writes well.

I'd strongly recommend this for a cozy afternoon, especially if you need to escape from real life for a few hours. Cute, sweet and full of refreshing sincerity, Departure is a stand-out in its genre.
 I'm not crazy about insomnia (who is?) but I do like to think of not sleeping as a chance to read as much as possible. There's no way I'd have taken in as many novels as I have without it...which is a good thing, I suppose, since this terrific new book has me jotting down even more titles for my Kindle and nightstand:


 

No comments: