Sunday, August 17, 2014

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
John Lennon

Every once in a blue moon I have a really nice dream that hurts to wake up from and yet somehow still gives me hope. The hope and the aftereffects of the dream seem to last for about the same amount of time, in order words: not very long. But while the haziness lasts, it's almost as real and as gorgeous as the dream itself.

This morning I woke up from one where I had met someone who loved me as much as I loved her. She told my mother (not unkindly, but still quite firmly) that we were going to be married and, oddly enough, my mother seemed okay with it. It was probably one of the most beautiful dreams I've ever had.

And though waking and reality's harsh slap stung for a bit, the silly dream gave me (for a fleeting second) an idea of what a wonderful world it would be, if things like that could actually happen.

No comments: