Wednesday, August 13, 2014


I was listening to my copy of Lennon Legend: The Very Best of John Lennon on the way into work today and, as always, sighed a bit at the last line of "Love."

Love is real , real is love
Love is feeling , feeling love
Love is wanting to be loved

Love is touch, touch is love
Love is reaching, reaching love
Love is asking to be loved

Love is you
You and me
Love is knowing
we can be

Love is free, free is love
Love is living, living love
Love is needed to be loved 

Of all human needs, love may be the absolute strongest. 

Physically, it may not be as dire as the need for food, but for me it's always been the most intense. If I didn't have to eat to survive, I'd gladly trade all the food in the world for love.

The only time I really enjoy food is when I'm sharing it with people I like. One of the hardest things about being single is finding the interest to cook just for me.  Cooking is always most joyous when you're doing it for someone else.

The truth is, except for reading, most things are better when experienced with someone else...and even reading can be enhanced when you discover how others feel about what you've recently read.

At some points in my life, the need for love has been so strong, and the isolation so overwhelming, it's like a tree falling in an empty forest. This is most bad during the middle of the night, when things are so quiet where I live, I feel like I'm the last person on Earth.

Never having found someone to love who loves you back can wreck havoc with how you feel about yourself. Friends and family (especially friends who tend to be more unconditional with their love, if you ask me) help a lot, but there's something so appealing about growing old with someone special that I've never been able to shake off completely.

As I often do I Googled for ways to feel better about this: 

"Just because no one loves you today (or you perceive life that way) doesn't mean someone won't love you in the future. Be loveable and love will find you"-Yahoo Answers

“We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.” ~Lori Deschene

The rest of the article this quote appears in can be linked here:

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/7-things-to-remember-when-you-think-youre-not-good-enough/

No comments: