Friday, September 19, 2014

I was very wary of downloading the recently released iOS8 on to my iPhone 5s tonight, but now that the process is over I have no regrets. It took over an hour and a half to get it all working, but I didn't lose a thing (this has not always been the case with previous updates) so that's a huge plus right there!

What I like most (so far) is the Podcast app that automatically appeared. I've never done Podcasts before and became curious right away. I chose one with an Anjelica Huston interview from the Pittsburgh Hear and Now Show. (She's such a neat and nice lady and strikes me as very genuine and very intelligent. And when she talks of her late husband you can so hear the love in her voice.)

Then I discovered a Podcast all about Todd Haynes's cult film Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story. I'm listening to it right now and it's not just about the movie itself (made with Barbie dolls in the late 80s and so eerie and sad I find it almost unbearable to watch) but about Karen herself...and her voice.

That podcast is called The Lost Picture Show with two British gents named John and Julian, one of whom loves the Carpenters as much as any Carpenters fan possibly can and the other for whom there could be very few tortures worse than listening to their music.

http://thelostpictureshow.com/

It may be nice to have podcasts to listen to late at night when it's hard to keep your eyes open, but  you're still awake anyway and the sound of a soothing voice gives you the illusion of not being alone.

I can't wait to discover and learn more.

No comments: