Sunday, September 14, 2014

Thank you, Shuffle...



I'll take my smiles any way I can get them these days and for some reason whenever I unexpectedly hear "Got A Hold On Me" by Christine McVie I feel better. Not only does it have lots of feel-good vibes, it's just so darn bouncy you can't not smile. :)

I've always liked Christine McVie. Her voice may not have the character that Stevie Nicks's has, but it's still a very nice one (not bad "nice," but real nice) and "Songbird" (one of the prettiest Fleetwood Mac songs...prettiest songs, ever, really) is all in her court.

According to Songfacts:

Christine McVie penned the song in half a hour after she woke up in the middle of the night with the song in her head. She recalled to Mojo January 2013: "I got up and I wrote it on the piano."

I love the comments about the song. One Songfacts user writes that she sings it to her three-year-old to help her get to sleep at night.:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2182

And, as much as I love Stevie, it doesn't hurt to remember that Christine contributed a lot of good to the band too (so glad she's back for the current Fleetwood Mac tour!):

http://thewildheartrocks.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/10-great-fleetwood-mac-songs-that-are-written-or-sung-by-christine-mcvie/
 

No comments: