Saturday, December 6, 2014

Though our parents were very strict with grades, clothing and where we could go when my sister and I were growing up, they somehow were mind-bogglingly permissive with our tv viewing. We could watch everything from "Little House on The Prairie" (no surprise there) to "Happy Days" to "Charlie's Angels" to the ABC Movie of The Week, the last possibly the most adult and scary of all.

So many of the 70s movies were dark (much more so than today's Lifetime movies), several featured big name movie stars like Tony Curtis ("The Third Girl From The Left") and Natalie Wood (1979's "The Cracker Factory") and a lot later made their way to VHS and even DVD.

I remember the tv being on in the background one night, an image onscreen that haunted me for months afterward. I tried to track it down based on what little I remember now, but so far no luck. There is this book though, plus a great list at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_films_produced_for_American_Broadcasting_Company




No comments: