Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Some things to look forward to...

Nylon is for a younger crowd (I'd say 20somethings through early 30s) but the magazine always has great book and music reviews. I've already listened to "I'm Not Falling Asleep" and can't wait to hear the rest of the album when it's released on February 3rd.

Funny Girl by Nick Hornby is getting lots of buzz and is mini-reviewed below as is Miranda July's The First Bad Man.



The lyrics aren't very long, but they get to the point and along with the music reach a sadness that can really pull at your heart:
     

When will I ever be safe from myself
If the danger all lies between heaven and hell?
When I close my eyes, I'm not falling asleep,
I am opening drawers, I am sifting through papers.

Please stay a while, I'm not falling asleep




No comments: