Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday night music on a quiet snowy night...

 
 
It Might Be You
One of my favorite songs from the early 80s is "It Might Be You" by Stephen Bishop, a track probably most known for appearing in the film "Tootsie."  I hear it whenever it shows up on my iPod shuffle (like just) and when I do it still makes me tear up like it did the first time. I don't know why it makes me cry.
 
I don't think it's a sad song so much as a wistful one. It is also beautiful and sweet one, and somehow sums up exactly how it must feel when you finally meet the person you've been wondering about your whole life.
 
Stephen Bishop, by the way, has also other lovely songs as well...I've always felt he was a bit underrated and that his others are just as good and heartfelt as "It Might Be You."

I like my iTunes library best for listening, but since I have an Amazon Prime account and Prime Music comes with that, I've been trying it out, making it easier to add even more music to my phone.

 Amazon doesn't have the extensive library Spotify has, but I do like this feature:


http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?&docId=1001407921








Plus, I like that you can add songs and even entire albums to your account with no extra charge as long as your membership is current. Or, if you don't want the entire compilation, you can click the plus signs and the track will be added to your account:

 
 
 
"Poison & Wine," absolutely and painfully gorgeous
 
 

No comments: