Wednesday, March 28, 2018

As I sometimes struggle with how others behave I cannot help but think about a recent episode of "Bob's Burgers" and something wonderful that Tina said. On really hard days I try to remember and hold this close:


Maybe we all have a little bully inside of us. Maybe when we think people are being mean to us it can make us mean. But even if people are difficult we have to resist, we have to try to be nice. Maybe it will bring out the nice in other people-<3


And on days when it seems like there is a disproportionate number of 'mean people' I also try and take a step back and wonder if I might be the one with the problem. 

I remember reading a long time ago, though I cannot remember where and cannot find it on Google, that if one or two people give you trouble it is probably them. If more than that do, then it might be you, even if you are not aware you are doing anything wrong or would never intentionally do so. I say 'you' very generically as I believe this is something I need to work on.

No comments: