Saturday, March 31, 2018

I'm having such a hard time letting go of wanting closure. There is "before" and "after" and "before" I met my friend and we started writing and became faithful correspondents I used to find journaling and anonymously blogging enough. Now, though, now that I know what it is like to share thoughts and feelings with someone else almost every day for almost three years and then not have that anymore, well, it hurts. 

And the lack of closure, the disappearance...well, how can you not blame yourself and torture yourself with what you did wrong? When your trust was shaky "before" and you let yourself be open with someone else in a way you never had before and then things change, well that only compounds it all. 

It is my fault, of course, how I choose to deal with this, but I am still just so lost and sad. "Ghosting" seems to be almost exclusively linked to dating and relationships but it hurts as well when it happens in friendships.


Image result for let go balloon stock photo

No comments: