Tuesday, June 27, 2023

 

On the way to work this morning, I heard "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off" on the radio. 

Mental time travel aside (I don't really need nor want to go back to 1986, even if I did for just a second), the shock of hearing something both welcome and somehow seemingly out-of-touch with today's reality unexpectedly brought tears to my eyes. 

We don't live in a world like that, where choosing not to have sex (or even be sexual at all) is the norm. I Googled to see if this song has been updated or adapted by those identifying as asexual and I don't see that it has been...

But just for an instant it was nice to remember that this was once a top 10 single and that it must have resonated (and still resonates?) with other people as well, whether they are asexual or not.

There is so much more to life than rushing into things (or something as silly and abstract as the third date rule).



No comments: