Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Seeing Barry Gibb on the Kennedy Center Honors tonight reminded me of how much the Bee Gees have meant to me for the last 45 plus years.

I still listen to all their albums (ESP is my absolute favorite!) and have such fond memories of their music and my mom loves the Bee Gees as well and did when I was a kid so that means a lot to me even now.

We compared notes after watching it tonight and I thought: I miss how it was between us when I was younger. 

My parents are different now then when I was a kid and their being huge Trump supporters and anti-gay drives a huge wedge between us, even with the silence I so carefully keep with both topics.

I grasp for any thing we have in common.

They were and are good parents and I just always have to remember that.

No comments: