Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Girl You Know It's True I'm Gonna Miss You
Maybe I should be embarrassed that I still have my original copy of Milli Vanilli's Girl You Know It's True, but I'm not. Not only does the album remind me of college and some of the best times in my life, but the music isn't that bad...no, really, it isn't.

And when you think back on other groups (and possibly current ones) who may or may not have sung their own songs (and certainly there are some who haven't!), you have to wonder why Milli Vanilli took such a bad fall? (If you're old enough to remember...record stores offered to refund all record, cd and cassette copies after the scandal broke, no questions asked.)

"Blame it On the Rain," "All or Nothing," "Girl You Know It's True" and "Baby, Don't Forget My Number" are all pretty strong pop songs if you're measuring pop by light and fluffy and shamefully catchy...but beware, if you have a hankering to hear them nowadays and you don't still own the original, watch out for the album on the right; the mp3 version of "Girl You Know It's True" is the remix, not the shorter, more snappy one that played on the radio back in the day.

No comments: