Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lonely Werewolf Girl
Oh how I love this book! I may have already blogged about this before...don't think I have, but IF I have, I apologize. It's THAT good, though. Earnest, sweet, funny, very engaging, sad and chock full of great characters, wacky adventures and unique story lines.

When it comes to the supernatural I've always thought if a writer were going to somehow tie in eating disorders it would be connected to zombies. But in Lonely Werewolf Girl the title character battles depression (among other things) after being thrown out of her house when she lashes out at her father because he and her mother hound her about not eating.

Sounds a bit odd, maybe, and even a bit over the top, but it's not. Martin Millar knows the heart and mind of a teenage girl...and perhaps that's one of the best things about this wonderful book...

No comments: