Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hey Now

You've got to hear "Hey Now" by Augustana; it's just so so beautiful and raw and makes me think of something Jeff Bridges said in an article I read in Filter magazine:


"Be kinder than necessary 'cause everyone you meet is facing some kind of battle."


Sometimes when "Hey Now" shows up unexpectedly on my MP3 shuffle I catch my breath at how gorgeous and sad and comforting it is...and I think it's also talking about being kind to yourself, too! We all go through dark and lonely times (some people definitely have it worse than others and a very small number somehow manage to skate through life with very few problems) but giving into the pain in a permanent way is not the answer, is never the answer...somehow Augustana doesn't make all this sound trite and that's why I love the song with all my heart...

No comments: