Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mugwort Herb Cut & Sifted Organic - 1 lb,(Frontier)Mugwort Herb - 200 Seeds
 It sort of looks like weed, but it's actually an herb called mugwort.

Ever since I was a kid I've had the most intense dreams and nightmares. The very first nightmare I ever had (which, strangely, I can still can recall all these years later) involved a giant-sized spider opening the door to our family room (basement) and crawling down the stairs, its huge eyes staring at me and freezing me in my tracks.

I don't have too many "monster" dreams these days, but I have had some personal history somehow show up in my dreams despite how much I don't want it to...I've tried lucid dreaming, thinking peaceful thoughts before I fell asleep...nothing.

So since I can't really control the content of my dreams I've tried my best to try and have some good dreams to go along with the bad ones. Just like spicy foods before bedtime can cause horrific nightmares, there are some other foods and some herbs that can cause pleasant ones...

And that's where mugwort comes in. Mugwort is VERY hard to find in health food stores or any other offline place. But  online it's a breeze. Mugwort has been known (though it's pretty much impossible to scientifically prove) to increase the quality and intensity of dreams.

I haven't bought mugwort in pure form yet, but I did buy this product (which has 15 mg of mugwort):

Serenity 60 Capsules
And it really works! The other night I had one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had. Kava Kava, by the way, also can alter our dreams...

(more later!)

No comments: