Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Vanilla SkyOpen Your Eyes
I couldn't sleep last night so I ended up watching "Vanilla Sky," which was airing on Bravo. I'm not crazy about watching feature films on commercial television so that right there is a huge problem. A film as complex and convoluted as VS needs to be viewed carefully, especially when you're gripped by the premise and the plot (is there really one?) but don't care at all for the lead (Tom Cruise plays obnoxious--and so well, too!--through so much of "Vanilla" that it's hard to feel any real sympathy for his character when his world goes rock bottom.)

It's been almost eight years since I first saw the movie and I think I liked it much better then. Today at my library I checked out the Spanish movie it's based on ("Abre Los Ojos" or "Open Your Eyes.") From what I've heard it's far superior...can't wait to watch it and compare notes...

No comments: