Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Ok, just go ahead and rip my heart out now!" That's what I want to say to albums that wreck havoc with my emotions. The other day when I went to get my mail there was this huge package in the box...an order I put it in from my favorite music magazine The Big Takeover. Along with the current issue and two back issues was this mix cd casually put together with a typed label, scotch tape and (inside the case) handwriting scrawled across the cd itself.

I just got around to listening to it and boy, is it good...in only the way an "undiscovered" band sounds...this one song ("No More Yesterdays") by Springhouse is threatening to undo me...it's so beautiful and sad. The past few weeks had left me a bit jaded with mainstream music and its sometimes over-produced sounds, but this little gem is just gorgeous...and its lack of pretentiousness makes it all the better...

Here Springhouse for yourself:

Springhouse



The man behind The Big Takeover is Jack Rabid:

No comments: