Sunday, June 20, 2010

What Would Audrey Do?
(a great book for anyone who's a fan of Audrey Hepburn...an actress who definitely kept herself out of the limelight)



There are some days (many, actually) when you (or rather, those of us who can't seem to keep our mouths shut) wonder, "why on earth did I just spill my guts to a complete stranger?" And since blogging can often feel like that, I doubly wonder...I really, really admire and respect private people...there is something elegant and beautiful about privacy...and it's not just the veil of mystery that surrounds those who keep to themselves, but the dignity that fits them like a second skin.

The first person I fell madly in love with (or so it felt at the time) was like that...never said anything frivolous or unimportant...every word was thoughtful and full of meaning and care...as if the speaker were aware that words could be weapons or things that could come back and haunt you someday.

There are some days (only some) when I wonder whatever happened to x (my mysterious crush from oh so long ago) but in perfect keeping with that ever-so-out-0f-reach persona, x is not on facebook, myspace or anywhere online...

No comments: