Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sweetest Dreams - 30 - Veg Cap
I try a lot more sleep aids than I probably should, mostly because nothing ever seems to work and like most people I crave a good night's rest with (hopefully) as few nightmares as possible. That's why I was so hopeful about using Sweetest Dreams for the first time. I had never heard of the product and, noticing it was on sale at my local health food store, took it to the check-out counter for purchase.

It contains L-Theanine and Melatonin which made me think this was going to be a sure bet. L-Theanine is good for relaxing the brain and melatonin for good sleep and dream recall.

At first I found myself peaceful and having a good kind of buzz...I started feeling that great way you do when sleep begins to set in and all is right with the world. But an hour later, my eyes were wide open and I was awake for the night.

Four hours later I finally drifted off, but it was time for work two hours after that and I went through the day exhausted. Same thing the next night when I decided to give the product another chance.

Trying for one more chance I went for a third night, only to find that I had the worst nightmares of my life (the worst!) and a raging headache when I woke up. This morning I tucked the jar away until I can figure out what to do with it.

I hate to malign Solgar because their stuff is usually very effective, but I'll pass on this one. If you're in a pinch and just have to sleep, even knowing you'll be a bit off the next day, benedryl puts you out like that (snapping fingers)...but honestly, I look forward to the day more effective (and less groggy) sleep aids exist on the market!!

No comments: