Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Burn Notice - Season OnePsych: The Complete Fourth SeasonMonk - Season One
"We're going to need a Speak N' Spell and 7 pounds of mashed potatoes."- from the July 28th episode of Psych

I'm more of a Psych girl than a Burn Notice one.When I watch BN I feel like I did in high school, watching the popular kids (who were not only gorgeous, but knew all the right things to say) from afar, but never really understanding them...mildly curious about what it would be like to be one of them, but knowing I had a snowball's chance in Hell of ever finding out.

With Psych there are still lots of good-looking people to be found, but they're down-to-earth and about as subtle and suave as Roseanne at Fashion Week.

I don't think Burn Notice is a bad show at all. In fact, I like the writing and the voice-overs and the secondary characters played by Sharon Gless and Bruce Campbell very very much. But Psych makes me laugh and feel warm and welcome. It fills the big gaping hole that Monk, the USA character who most speaks to me, left behind.

No comments: