Thursday, November 18, 2010

Black Tie White NoiseBangs And Crashes
Black Tie White Noise was the beginning of David Bowie's return from the wilderness of post-Let's Dance, the first indication that he was regaining his creative spark.--all music website

I always know I'm really really going to like a song when I hear it and feel like I'm going to pass out. More than spotting someone I think is cute or dreaming about a favorite meal, I hear that special track from a favorite album or a song that is new to me and I almost feel (sometimes actually do) as if I have to grab hold of something to steady me.

That's how I felt the first time I heard "The Wedding," the first track off of Black Tie White Noise. Though I've already blogged about this album, I can't say enough good things about it since I've still been playing the entire thing on my iPod weeks after I bought it...

Other times a song I haven't heard in years will come on the Internet radio stations I listen to and wham!! I'm back in my teens...recently I heard an old Go West song and I got chills....even though when it comes to 80s duos I much prefer these guys:


The only Wham album I was ever truly truly passionate about was Music from the Edge of Heaven; at the time I first bought the cassette version I though "Battlestations" was the coolest song ever!:):
Music From The Edge Of Heaven

No comments: