Thursday, March 31, 2011

Grey's Anatomy, The Musical

Can't wait to see this tonight; if the episode is a good as the iTunes album just out today, then's it going to be good!:)

Though I absolutely hate the Callie/Arizona/Mark storyline (hate it!!), when I listened to the album online I found myself remembering the good old days of GA (a.k.a. the first two seasons!)...

...because all of the music featured tonight was played during the early years and have pretty much become iconic for hardcore fans::)

The first three soundtracks are available in compact disc. Since then, if you watch an episode and like a song, it's up to you to figure out what it's called and go online to buy it.


....


the next day:


I'm not sorry I bought the iTunes album for Grey's Anatomy: The Music Event, but I will say I enjoyed the music much more before seeing the episode.

While actually watching everything unfold last evening, I found the singing jarring and just very hard to swallow as far as believability goes.

And, really, why do Owen's facial muscles always consort so during stressful events in the E.R. or when he's making out with Cristina? Overall, it was vocally appealing, but when it came to the plot and emotional impact, I'd say: eh, so so!

Here's one professsional review:


read here

No comments: