Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You Broke My Heart, But I Love You Anyway

Acid And Everything
I first heard "Animals" when I bought the music magazine "Clash" late last summer and downloaded its free music sampler. The song's beauty haunted me for weeks and then I stopped listening because its power was so amazing it almost broke my heart. Tonight, for some reason, I went to listen again and then discovered the Gem Club's EP (with all six songs) sells very reasonably for $5.94

All of the tracks are breath-taking. I listened and my breath actually caught in my throat. This is the kind of music you could never survive listening to if you've just gone through a very sad time. Heck, even on a good day, you might be reaching for that box of tissues on your nightstand.

Lovely, lovely, lovely stuff! Besides "Animals," three other equally gorgeous songs are: "Flax," "Acid and Everything" and "Spine."

Don't say you weren't warned: some music can only be measured in small doses, the more beautiful, the harder to take.

Gem Club WILL break your heart, but they will also quietly comfort you!

No comments: