Tuesday, August 16, 2011


 Music From The Edge Of HeavenToo Shy


I don't know why, but I often find myself playing songs from my past on quiet Sunday afternoons or during evenings after a day that was a bit trying. 

It's weird 'cause I didn't particularly like the 80s that much personally (bad memories and stuff like that), but I find lately that I love the music from that era more than ever.

Very few decades offered such oddities and talent (often in the same package, but not always) with such distinctive and easily recognizable fashion and hairstyles.

I'm not sure why I've been Wham-obsessed lately. I downloaded "Credit Card Baby" off of iTunes a few weeks ago and thought I'd laugh my head off, but it's actually a cute little song and brings back memories of shutting myself off from the world in my bedroom as a kid, where I danced all my worries away. 

That, for me, was what was great about the 80s...no matter how crappy things could get personally, there was always this outrageously good (and, yeah, sometimes bad) pop culture (whether it be music or movies) to distract you.:)




No comments: