Friday, August 19, 2011

Kansas City
Okay, maybe it's because I can't sleep and it's almost one in the morning, but I'm in one of those moods where I feel like I'm really hearing something for the first time even though I've known it for years.

"Kansas City" by Wilbert Harrison. Is it me or is it a really sexy song? Not so much the words (they're pretty unromantic) as the phrasing and the beats and the way the song is sung. I love it when someone sounds like they know exactly where they're going! :)

If you've never heard the song before or you haven't heard it in a while, give it a listen and let me know if it's just me:)

The part I really feel the whammy kick is when Harrison sings "Well, I might take a train. I might take a plane. But if I have to walk..."

Here are some more facts about the song:  read here

No comments: