Wednesday, September 28, 2011

missed connection in a grocery store

I love shopping at the grocery store late at night...the music always seems better, the people more mysterious and the checkers eerily sedate.

Last evening I was at my local Giant Food when this amazingly gorgeous song came over the speakers. Usually when this happens, a "clean-up in aisle 4" message almost always interrupts the flow and the magic is gone.

But this time I got to hear the entire song. And once I realized I really liked it, I pulled out my cell and scrambled to type every word I heard into my "notepad tool," sure that when I got home I'd be able to figure out the song title through Google, Bing and even song lyrics websites.

Alas, I wasn't able to and now the song is still swirling through my mind, or the rather the echo of it is, taunting me with the fact I may never know its beauty again. :(



4 comments:

Lady Disdain said...

Oh no!! This is so sad! I can totally understand your pain. And the fact that it could be lost forever is a bit chilling. Post the lyrics up. Maybe there's a chance that someone who reads might know it/could have better luck at looking up. I would definitely search for it =)

just a girl said...

The worst thing is that when I went to check my notepad on my cell it hadn't saved what I typed in for the lyrics so now that song will haunt me forever!:)All I remember for sure is that it included the words "laughing all the way." It was a beautifully ironic song...

Lady Disdain said...

Argh! Worst feeling ever. Haha. Hopefully you manage to find out about it someday. The only one I can think of with 'laughing all the way' is 'Jingle Bells' >.<

just a girl said...

I know! "Jingle Bells" was the most common song that came up when I did a search.

I also remembered something about a relationship and the male singer pining for all the mistakes he made.

It was one of those self-denial I'm-over-you-but-not-really kind of deals. Yet instead of sounding whiny, it sounded beautiful and touching. :)