Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh mi dios!


Gloria Estefan's Miss Little Havana came out this Tuesday and though I just read a great review for it, I'm not sure I like the album all that much except for three stand-out ("you've got to get on the floor and dance right now!") songs.

"Right Away" kinda sounds like good old school Miami Sound Machine, "Hotel Nacional" rhymes Susan Lucci with hoochie coochie and has a mean horn section that defies you not to move and "Make My Heart Go"...well...not really sure why I like this one.

Of course, there is some absolutely awful, awful material on here as well: the first time I heard "Wepa" I thought it was some kind of joke, a throw-in track to see if fans were still paying attention to Estefan et al after all these years.

And the title track is almost as abysmal. Yet I still feel so terribly guilty for writing something so cruel (in the late 80s I thought the sun set and the moon rose by her) because it's very obvious Estefan put her heart and soul into this...


read the article here

No comments: