Thursday, December 8, 2011

...a musical blast from the past that very few probably remember...

I love that you can track down things from your past online and buy them. Years and years ago I really dug this album called X2 by a little-known duo called Times Two.

The album did not do well at all and the two guys behind Times Two faded into musical obscurity, but somehow (back in 1988) they kind of got to me with their one hit wonder, "Strange But Two" and their odd remake of Simon and Garfunkel's "Cecilia."

Recently I bought the cd version from a private seller on Amazon. I wanted it in compact disc form so I could download it onto my iPod. And strangely enough, I found all of the songs as endearing and appealing as I did when I was a kid.

Yeah, songs like "L.O.D. (Love On Delivery)" and "Only My Pillow Knows For Sure" sound kind of silly now, but, really, there's an honest kind of pain on the slow tracks that tugs at your heart unexpectedly. And the upbeat titles ("Romeo" and "Jet") are fun and airy and so upbeat and innocent-sounding you can't help but smile.








No comments: