Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spoilers below!!


As over-the-top and often uneven as American Horror Story has been all these weeks, I am really going to miss it. In the most recent episode (for me, at least) it wasn't my beloved Jessica Lange (okay, 'beloved' is pretty much over the top, I know) who stole the show but Connie Britton (whom I've grown to really like a lot as an actress!).

At the very end when Vivien (Britton) has died and appears to her daughter (has she been in the room the entire time?) to comfort her I found my heart melting just the slightest.

How ironic that in death Vivien is now at her strongest and can find the kind of relationship she always wanted with her daughter. When Violet tells her, "I'm so sorry you lost your baby" and Vivien replies (in this wonderfully soothing voice): "I haven't lost my baby." I wanted to cry.

I felt like the show had its first genuinely peaceful (almost happy) moment. Clearly, Vivien is telling her daughter that she's her baby and that she's going to be there for her. One of THE best moments on any tv show this season!!

I'm kind of sad that next week's the season finale. I've not always been a fan of the writing, but there's no doubt American Horror Story has a great cast and some fine moments in acting (hoping Jessica Lange is nominated for an Emmy)


 
also related to AHS:   Would you buy the house?

No comments: