Monday, January 2, 2012

Late Night Tales

There are so many reasons I love the intimate sounds of Snow Patrol, but one of the main is for the pleasantly safe buzz I get off their music. And even when it's not really their songs, anything with their name attached to it gets my attention.

As soon as I saw they helmed the production of one of the Late Night Tales cds I got pretty giddy and when Amazon's mp3 store sold it for $4.99 I gobbled it up right away.

And I'm glad I did! Music critic Andrew Leahey calls the album "surprisingly moody, stylish, and fairly danceable". (The inclusion of "Hold On" by Holy Ghost! is one of the most mesmerizing dance songs ever, unrelenting in its seductive hold!) Leahey adds in his review that the songs blend into each other and make for a great nocturnal feel (a must for the Late Night Tales collection.)

As charming and chill as any of the wonderful Grey's Anatomy soundtracks,  Snow Patrol's take on Late Night Tales gives me the kind of dreamy oblivion no amount of alcohol can buy :)

No comments: