Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Last Werewolf...


http://cache0.bookdepository.co.uk/assets/images/book/medium/9781/8476/9781847679444.jpg
Of all the books I read in 2011, The Last Werewolf is the one that haunted me the most. It still haunts me. Beautifully written, sincere and yet, sometimes, cynically executed it's a novel that holds nothing back and most certainly is not for the faint of heart.

More than anything, Glen Duncan's novel feels like an indie pop album full of pining, sometimes lonely music that is always lovely even when it rocks hard. It's one of those books that has so many wonderful lines, you don't know which one to love best.

2 comments:

Lady Disdain said...

Hmm, looks interesting. I just looked this up on goodreads and it has varied reactions. Although I do like the idea of it being a 'werewolf' novel that doesn't fall into the typical paranormal romance area.

Happy New Year, btw! Hope you had a good holiday season =)

just a girl said...

It's definitely interesting. I found it unforgettable, but it can be a bit maudlin and violet at times. It was the writing that wouldn't let me go!:)

Happy New Year to you, too!! Hope you had a nice holiday season as well!