Sunday, February 12, 2012

"How Will I Know?"
















I feel kind of phony posting about Whitney Houston since I was never a huge fan, though I never disliked her either.

It's pretty much impossible to deny she had an amazing voice and that whenever someone who seems nice and has incredible talent dies young it is so so sad, especially when they struggled so much with problems like addiction and a rocky, rocky marriage.

I have to say that if I did like any of her songs it would be a tie between "How Will I Know?" (something a lot of us ask ourselves in love) and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)." I love the way 'who loves me' is emphasized...'cause you could dance with anyone, I suppose, but dancing with somebody who loves you really is kind of special.

Seeing the video on MTV last night (while they were remembering her in tribute) I couldn't help but recall the best of the 80s and how cute and sweet this video is:

watch here



This image of Nelson Mandela and Whitney, which just flashed on CNN a few minutes ago, is very touching:








No comments: