Friday, January 17, 2014

It's been almost a year and I still terribly miss the tv show Fringe. Like many of the films and programs I love, music is essential to it. One of the main characters, Walter, often rarely works in his lab without music on and in the final season of the show, music pretty much saves his life.

But even when music isn't on the forefront of it all, it always seems music slips in anyhow. During the fourth season, there's a scene between Lincoln and Olivia, two very likable characters who bond over shared sorrow while talking in open-all-night-diner.

Their discussion is quite intriguing yet even so this song playing in the background just blows me up...I go online and look up the words and "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star appears. I end up buying the whole album and loving every single song on it.

"Fade Into You" turns twenty this year and is a very well-known song, but for me it's almost brand new. "Five String Serenade," also off on the same album So That Tonight I Might See is even more stunning! Grey's Anatomy is probably the best-known show for turning people onto 'new' musicians, but in its own way Fringe has just as amazing a relationship with music.

No comments: